Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] RTT Graph error

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:47:38 +1100
Ethereal is correct.
The RTT between client and server IS 0.124s for packets
39/40.

The TCP RTT is NOT 3.95 seconds.

TCP RTT is the time from a new data segment until it has been ACKed.

Frame 39 is a new data segment.
Frame 40 is the ACK of that data.

It took 0.124 s to ACK the data in frame 39.

Thus the TCP RTT is 0.124s