Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Capturing Packets with IBM Thinkpad

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:01:58 -0000
Hi, I am running Ethereal on an IBM Thinkpad T22 and I cannot seem to put the built-in Ethernet interface adapter into promiscuous mode, despite the option being set in Ethereal. Does anyone out there know if it can be done and how?

Alternatively, could anyone recommend a PCMCIA 10/100M Ethernet adapter that supports promiscuous mode?

Regards, Mike

Mike Thackray
Nokia Networks
Professional Services