Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Windows XP Promiscuous mode

From: "Steve Haskew" <steve.haskew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:29:37 -0000
I've been having trouble with Windows XP Pro and Ethereal in promiscuous
mode. I can't receive packets that aren't directed to my computer. Other
places suggest that it's because I'm connected to a switch, but another
computer (running Linux), connected to the same switch, using the same model
of NIC, can capture everything fine. Is this a problem in Ethereal, WinPcap,
or Windows XP?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve Haskew