Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Windows XP Promiscuous mode

From: "Santos, Fabricio" <fsantos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:55:25 +0100
   I would check the switch configuration for the port where the Linux machine is connected. Maybe it is configured to replicate all switch traffic. By default the concept of switching means each port gets it's own traffic but that can be changed in some equipments. You will have to dive into the switch docs for that!

   Fabrício Santos
   NetCache Technical Advisor
   Network Appliance

   Get answers now:           Technical Support Contacts:
   http://now.netapp.com/     http://www.netapp.com/support/